I am currently active as an educator of accredited continuing education programs in all aspects of Digital Radiography, Fluoroscopy, and Mammography. Prior to 2012, I was an Educator and Clinical Coordinator for a Radiologic Technology Program in Aptos, California, for 14 years. Until 1996 I was responsible for establishing and managing hospital and clinic departments to include Radiography/Fluoroscopy, Mammography, CT, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Ultrasound and Radiation Therapy. I am experienced in all aspects of Radiography and Mammography consulting, including equipment research, acquisition, installation supervision, applications, education and QA/QC. Recently,I was a member of the ARRT Mammography Practice Analysis, Task Allocation, and CQR Committee and the ARRT Mammography Examination Committee.
RT (R) (M), ARRT, CRT (R) (M) (F)
BA, California State University, Fresno
AS, San Diego Mesa College
Master’s degree: Human Resource Management, Chapman College, Monterey, CA – 6 units
2005 – Present
LAMM, Pacific Grove, California, and ADVANCED HEALTH EDUCATION CENTER, Houston, Texas
Author/presenter of continuing education programs in Mammography, Radiography, and Fluoroscopy
- Digital Radiography and Fluoroscopic Radiation Safety for the Certified Radiologic Technologist – 8 CEU’s
- Trade Secrets for Expert Mammographers – 8 CEU’s
- Understanding Dose in Digital Radiography – 8 CEU’s
- Digital Breast Tomosynthesis – 8 CEU’s
- Mammography: Image Quality, Positioning and Pathology – 8 CEU’s
- Digital Radiography for the Imaging Professional – 20 CEU’s
- Digital Radiography and the ACR Practice Guidelines – 8 CEU’s
- Digital Mammography and the ACR Practice Guidelines – 8 CEU’s
- Digital Mammography – QC and Beyond – 8 CEU’s
- The Perfect Mammogram – Luck or Skill? – 8 CEU’s
- Developing Troubleshooting Skills In Mammography – 8 CEU’s
- Mammographic Positioning – Back To Basics Seminar with two hands on positioning workshops – 8 CEU’s
- Mammographic Positioning – Back To Basics Seminar – 6.5 CEU’s
- California Supervisor & Operator Certificate Examination Preparation for Physicians in Radiography and Fluoroscopy
1997 – 2011
RT Clinical Coordinator/Adjunct Faculty – Radiography, Fluoroscopy and Mammography
- Annual course instruction: Radiation Physics, Principles of Radiographic Imaging, Principles of Fluoroscopy (didactic and laboratory components utilizing state-of-the-art digital equipment), Advanced Diagnostic Imaging Research, Medical Imaging Pathology, Preparation for State and National Boards, Principles of Mammography (didactic, laboratory, and clinical coordination of 40 hour internships utilizing state-of-the-art digital units)
- Other course instruction: Radiation Protection, Introduction to Radiologic Technology, basic and advanced positioning, including skull, and requisite laboratories
- Program Director/Clinical Coordinator – Limited Permit X-Ray Technician Program
- Developed and implemented comprehensive curriculum for lecture and laboratory components of a start-up Limited Permit X-Ray Technician Program on a grant from the California State Governor’s discretionary fund, in cooperation with the Federal and California state WIA/WIB, FasTrack To Work, CareerWorks, and Cabrillo College. The program was a pilot program which had twenty (20) students admitted and successfully graduated twenty (20) students.
- Developed and implemented comprehensive curriculum for lecture and laboratory components of a start-up Mammography Program for senior students and registered technologists offered starting in 1998 to present.
- Developed and implemented needs assessment project for a proposed start-up Ultrasound Program
- Developed curriculum for, and taught, an eight week comprehensive review course for students and technologists sitting for the CRT and ARRT advanced certificate examinations in Mammography.
1990 – 1996
COMMUNITY HOSPITAL OF THE MONTEREY PENINSULA
Assistant Director of Imaging Services
Oversite of Departments of Radiology, Mammography and Radiation Therapy, as well as oversite and direct supervision of CT, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, and US.
- Developed and implemented human resource management policies and procedures specific to seven Imaging departments
- Reviewed and assessed all resumes and applications submitted for employment.
- Responsible for initial interviews as well as all hiring, disciplinary, and dismissal considerations and decisions, in collaboration with the physicians, Imaging Manager, and department supervisors.
- Responsible for supervision of the employment assessment and evaluation process as performed by department supervisors.
- Monitored, reviewed, and assessed employee evaluations administered by department supervisors
- Researched radiographic and mammographic equipment, film, and processors for hospital department and freestanding outpatient office making purchase recommendations to physicians and administrators.
- Developed and implemented educational programs for staff of approximately 100 – 115 employees to meet JCAHO requirements.
- Planned, researched, and coordinated new equipment acquisition and installation for all departments.
- Monitored maintenance of documentation and records for compliance with JCAHO and California state titles 17 and 22 for all Imaging Service departments.
- Controlled inventory for CT, MRI, Nuclear Medicine, Ultrasound, and Radiology including equipment, film, and all support supplies.
MONTEREY SPINE AND JOINT
Los Altos Hills, California
1998 – 2003
DOMINICAN BREAST CENTER
Santa Cruz, California
1987 – 1990
SIERRA MEDICAL GROUP
Responsible for start-up of departments and all aspects of operations.
- Established Radiography, Mammography, and Ultrasound departments for 17 physician clinic increasing gross revenues $50,000 per month.
- Monitored maintenance of documentation and records to meet federal and state requirements.
HANFORD COMMUMTY MEDICAL CENTER
Weekend Supervisor, Technologist
Responsible for all aspects of patient care in X-ray including ICU, OR, Mammography, and Nuclear Medicine
CORCORAN DISTRICT HOSPITAL
1981 – 1982
TULARE DISTRICT HOSPITAL
1978 – 1980
SACRED HEART HOSPITAL
Responsible for all aspects of the Radiology Department and start-up of the Nuclear Medicine Department
Equipment research, acquisition, and installation supervision with in-house training and education of personnel in all aspects of mammography.
SACRED HEART HOSPITAL
FAMILY X-RAY CENTER OF TULARE
TULARE DISTRICT HOSPITAL